CAID Conference will take place during
ICED Conference is in 2015
MORE Job Opportunity!!! Take a look!
Convention of American Instructors of the Deaf
- The organization for all teachers, administrators, educational interpreters, residential personnel, and other concerned professionals involved in education of the deaf.
- A resource for classroom teachers
- A clearing house for information on deafness
- A forum for educational developments and research findings in the field
- The publisher of American Annals of the Deaf, the oldest educational journal in the United States and a major resource to the profession.
The mission of the Council of the American Instructors of the Deaf, Incorporated is to focus on an organization of teachers and other education related personnel to promote student learning and development by bringing together local, state, regional and national interest organizations.
CAID supports teachers by:
- fostering best practices, classroom ideas, applications of new technology
- networking opportunities
- providing professional development opportunities
- advocacy efforts / initiatives
- disseminating information and research
- collaborating with other organizations serving deaf and hard of hearing individuals
- working with states establishing / supporting state teacher type organizations serving deaf and hard of hearing individuals
- Biennial Conventions featuring short courses, workshops, exhibits, and presentations
- CAID - wide listserv avenue to enable direct contact with professionals serving students who are deaf/hard of hearing nationwide enabling collaborative exchange
- Advocacy for national and state legislation and govern- mental services affecting deaf and hard of hearing student through affiliation with the Council of Organizational Representatives allowing participation in policy discussions at the state and national levels
- Quarterly newsletter allowing members to be published in these newsletters
- Publication opportunities for members, archive of Masters thesis and Doctoral dissertation
- Website with links to key resources in deafness and all member organizations' web sites
- Reduced Annals subscription rate
- Yearly leadership and SIG conferences
- CEU credits for workshop participation
- Opportunities to collaborate with other organizations with a similar mission
- Assistance for creating a state-level organization
THANKS TO OUR 2013 SPONSORS!
THANKS TO OUR 2011 SPONSORS!
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION!
Krown Manufacturing, Inc. | Vermont Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Inc. | Statewide Conference on Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing